More CES news for you, Toshiba has announced their latest Blu-Ray players that thy think are smart. Not sure what’s so smart about them as they seem to have all of the same features as blu-ray players from last year and the year before, but who am I to judge right?!
“Toshiba’s new Smart Blu-ray Disc players double as both high-quality Blu-ray and DVD players and fully connected A/V streaming devices,” said Scott Ramirez, vice president of product marketing and development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “With A/V streaming and MediaShare capabilities, Toshiba’s Blu-ray Disc players bring Smart connectivity to any room in the home.”
- Aero Design: Toshiba’s new Blu-ray Disc players share the new Aero family design with Toshiba LED TVs. All models include the silver Aero wing and low profile design. 3D models add a wider 430mm chassis to better match other A/V components.
- A/V Streaming: Toshiba’s Smart Blu-ray Disc players include a variety of A/V streaming applications including Netflix™, VUDU™, YouTube™ and more. Toshiba has also included the Vudu Apps aggregation service for access to dozens of additional Internet widgets that offer a wide variety of content options.
- MediaShare: MediaShare is a simple DLNA® interface that allows the Smart Blu-ray Disc players to easily access content from other DLNA-compatible devices. Connecting a Smart Blu-ray Disc player to any TV instantly connects that room to the home network, and allows access to all of one’s stored A/V content.
- USB Video: With USB Video, users can enjoy videos, music, photos and more on the big screen right from a USB flash drive.
2012 Blu-ray Player Line-up
- BDX2300 and BDX3300 – The BDX2300 and BDX3300 are Toshiba’s new 2D Smart Blu-ray Disc players. With 1080p full HD playback, BD-Live™, Netflix, VUDU and other A/V streaming capabilities to access content via an Internet-connection, Dolby™ True HD and DTS HD for 7.1 channel surround, HDMI and USB Video ports, these players offer a complete entertainment experience, while maintaining great value.
The BDX2300 is Wi-Fi ready and will be available in April. The BDX3300 includes built-in Wi-Fi and will be available in May.
- BDX4300 and BDX5300 – The BDX4300 and BDX5300 are Toshiba’s new 3D Smart Blu-ray Disc players. These models include all of the functionality of the 2D models, plus 1080p 3D HD playback.
The BDX4300 is Wi-Fi ready and will be available in April. The BDX5300 includes built-in Wi-Fi and will also be available in April.