I like network cameras as they can be very useful but this new one from Swann boggles my mind in that you can’t record from it unless you pay a monthly fee?! I even downloaded the user manual and I couldn’t find anything about recording except to their cloud service which costs money. That in itself makes no sense. Sure you can view it easily from your phone but I think of cameras as security devices so what good is it if you can’t record to your own devices?
Wi-Fi network camera & SwannSmart app offer remote viewing and cloud storage for 24/7 peace of mind
· SwannSmart app for viewing on PC, Mac, tablets & Smartphones including iPhone, iPad & Android devices
· Capture events as they happen to SwannSmart Secure Cloud (the first month is free with a $5.99 monthly fee applying thereafter) & know what’s happening via mobile push notification
· Perfect for low light scenarios, thanks to 8 infrared LEDs
· Built-in microphone captures audio
· Mount the camera on any flat surface, upside down, on the ceiling, or on a wall
Available at: Target, Amazon, Costco