Remote access to your computer can be very useful no mater if you’re across town or across the world, and now you can do it on the Kindle Fire now thanks to Splashtop. The main app is $2.99 from the Amazon Appstore and then you’ll ahev to grab the free download and put it on your computer so the two apps or programs can talk to each other over the internet.
Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in cross-device computing, today announced that Splashtop Remote Desktop is available for the Kindle Fire. Splashtop Remote Desktop enhances the capabilities of the Kindle Fire to make it more than an eReader or way to consume content. With Splashtop Remote Desktop, Kindle Fire users can remotely access PCs and Macs with full audio and video from a private network or over the Internet.
Splashtop Remote Desktop eliminates the need to transfer, convert or sync files and multimedia from a PC or Mac with a Kindle Fire. Important work files and office applications, such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel and Word, are easily accessed with this app. Content for personal entertainment, including movies, music, photos and even 3D games, can also be viewed remotely.
Splashtop Remote Desktop enhances the Kindle Fire by enabling users to view and edit:
- PowerPoint and Keynote with full animations and sound
- Microsoft Outlook with folders and archives
- Excel and Word applications
- A computer’s browser including personal bookmarks, favorite plug-ins, and extensions
- Quicken, iPhoto and other computer programs not available on the Amazon App Store
In addition, other advantages to using Splashtop Remote Desktop include the ability to:
- Watch Flash videos (Hulu, Yahoo Video, etc.) and DVDs
- Access your full iTunes or Windows Media library to watch videos
- Listen to music stored on your computer
- Play online, PC and Mac games
- Support connection over the Internet
Splashtop Remote Desktop can be downloaded $2.99 USD from the Amazon Appstore for Android at http://www.amazon.com/Splashtop-Inc-Remote-Desktop/dp/B004O3YGMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=mobile-apps&qid=1321386392&sr=1-1&tag=dragonsteelmo-20
Once downloaded, install the free Splashtop Streamer on any computer with Windows 7, Vista, XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher installed.
Kindle Fire users can easily setup and use Splashtop Remote Desktop with its simple, intuitive interface.
Watch a short video of Splashtop Remote Desktop on the Kindle Fire at http://youtu.be/Tl6tgKNAj3Q